These terms are the copyright of Dejavu Video Ltd.
1. Definitions “The Company” means Dejavu Video ltd, Blackfriars, off Stowell Steet, Newcastle upon Tyne. NE1 4XN.“The Client” means any person, body of persons, firm or Company with whom the Videographer enters into a contract for the sale of goods or provision of services by the Videographer.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions All contracts and transactions between the Company and the Client whether made orally or in writing are subject to these terms and conditions which shall be deemed to be incorporated into any contract between the Company and all or any of its Clients.
3. Copyright and Ownership In accordance with the Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988, the copyright of all images created by the Company is owned by the Company. Unless the Company gives written authorisation, the Client is forbidden by law to copy any images created by the Company and agrees that all videos, digital duplications or copies of any type made from images created by the Company shall only be carried out by the Company. The licence to reproduce such images is granted to the Client on the understanding that all invoices are paid within the Company's stated payment terms. Reproduction rights (if and when granted) are strictly limited to the use specified on the Company's invoice and/or quotation. An agreement must be reached with the Company before the pictures are used for a different purpose or after the licence to use has expired. The Company reserves the right to charge an additional fee if the materials are used for purposes other than what is shown on the Company invoice and/or quotation. If the Client wishes to own the copyright of images created by the Company, an additional fee will be paid by the Client to the Company for transferring the copyright. This fee will be mutually agreed by both parties. The transfer of copyright will only become applicable after this payment has been made in full. On instances where the Client requests copies from media that they have supplied, all work is undertaken on the assumption that the Client has obtained written permission from the legal copyright holder for copies to be made. The Company may contact the copyright holder of the said image to confirm that authorisation to copy the image has been given. The Client agrees to fully indemnify the Company in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in respect of claims for copyright violation made by a third party. All original video, material and digital files created by the Company remain the property of the Company. The Company will ensure that all such materials are stored safely for the Client and make them available for future reproduction in return for the relevant fee. The Company reserves the right to make reproductions of images created during assignments for marketing, promotional, competition and editorial purposes.
4. Cancellation Fees / Overruns If a booking is cancelled by the Client within 14 days of the starting time, the Company reserves the right to charge his full fee for the assignment. For cancellations/postponements due to weather conditions, the Company reserves the right to charge his full fee and expenses due to weather conditions on location. In such instances, the Company may charge in full for his expenses (e.g. including but not limited to; hire of specialist equipment, props, model fees etc), that he may have incurred prior or during the assignment taking place. The Company may make additional charges should an assignment overrun which is beyond the control of the Company (e.g. including but not limited to; the Client requesting additional video over and above the Client’s original brief etc).
5. Payment Terms For all non-account Clients, payment for all products and services provided by the Company must be made upon completion of the assignment. For authorised account holders, payment of the Company’s invoice must be made within 30 days of the date of that invoice. The Company reserves the right to withdraw account facilities and services without notice should the Client fail to pay the Company's invoice(s) within 30 days. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on all overdue invoices at a rate of 3% per month above HBOS bank’s unsecured overdraft rate until the said invoices have been paid in full.
6. Retention of Title The Company reserves the right to retain all of the Clients materials in his possession until all monies owed to the Company have been paid in full. Furthermore, the licence to reproduce images created by the Company will also be revoked until payment has been made.
7. Fees and Expenses All prices quoted to the Client apply only to the original job description and specifications given to the Company by the Client. The Company reserves the right to make additional charges for fees and expenses should these descriptions or specifications differ or change before or during the assignment. Wherever possible, the Company shall endeavour to provide an indication of what these additional charges will be.
8. Representation The Client shall ensure that there is an authorised representative present at the assignment to ensure the correctness of the Company's interpretation of the Clients brief. In the event of no Client representation, the Company's interpretation of the brief shall be deemed as correct.
9. Delivery Shortages / Loss and Damage in Transit Claims for damage, non-delivery or shortages will not be considered unless notified in writing within seven days of delivery. The Company will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that items delivered by a third party are suitably packaged for transit. The Company cannot accept liability for loss or damage caused by a third party. For valuable items, the Client should take out suitable insurance cover. Upon written request, the Company will provide suitable loss/damage cover for an additional charge. Clients who choose to have items returned to them without loss/damage cover do so at their own risk.
10. Confidentiality The Company acknowledges that in the performances of the services, he may receive information from the Client which is designated by the Client as confidential. Upon request from the Client, the Company agrees to keep this information secret and not to disclose such information to other parties except as required by law.
11. Conduct The Client shall be responsible for the behaviour of any persons accompanying them to an assignment. The Company reserves the right to terminate any assignment without notice if he deems the Clients behaviour to be unruly or unsafe. In such instances, the Company reserves the right to charge his full fees and expenses as described in clause 4 of these Terms and Conditions. The Client will fully reimburse the Company or his agents for any loss/damage they cause to property or equipment.
12. Liability The company will use its best endeavours to deliver the Services within any agreed time, but shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Company's reasonable control. The following occurrences shall constitute circumstances which are beyond the Company's reasonable control: (a) electricity or telecommunication failure of whatever means; or (b) acts of god, riot, war, invasion, acts of terrorism, hostilities (whether declared or not), civil war, rebellion, legislation changes, flood, fire or drought. The entire liability of the Company under or in connection with the provision of the Services shall not exceed the amount of the Company's charges for the provision of the Services.
13. Retension of Material, All customers material must be collected withing 6 months. We will try our best to arrange collection but if this fails we will dispose of any uncollected jobs after this time has elapsed, It is your responability to collect withing this time.
14. Delivery of Products and Services The supply of products and services are provided by the Company on a best endeavours basis. The Company will not be liable for delays that are beyond his reasonable control. The Company shall use reasonable endeavours to meet agreed deadlines where applicable. The Company shall not be liable for any delays in meeting any of his obligations which were due to causes beyond his reasonable control including but not limited to; postage/courier/lab delays, war/acts of terrorism, riots, government legislation, industrial action, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, floods, fire, loss or damage in transit etc.
15. Prices & Terms All prices shown within the Company's price list are subject to change without prior notice. The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. 15. Rush Services The Company reserves the right make an additional charge should the Client request a rush service. This service is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. 16. Images/Data Supplied in Electronic Format For all images/data supplied to the Client in electronic format (including but not limited to electronic mail, CD’s/DVD’s etc), The Company will endeavour to ensure that the data sent is not corrupt and is virus-free by scanning the data with Norton Antivirus software before despatch. The Company cannot be held responsible for any damage, disruption and/or loss of any kind that the said media may cause to the Clients computer or data. The Client agrees to take similar steps to ensure that data sent to the Company is not corrupt and/or virus-free. 17. Law This Agreement shall be subject to and constructed according to English Law and the parties agree to accept the exclusive direction of the Courts of England.